The mission of the Onondaga County Bar Foundation, the philanthropic arm of the
Onondaga County Bar Association, is to improve and promote:
- the administration of justice;
- service to the public and the legal community;
- equal access to the legal system for all;
- professional ethics and responsibility;
- legal research and education; and
- dissemination to the public of information about the legal system and the rule of law.
Established in 1975, the Foundation is a 501(c)(3) tax exempt corporation. To fulfill its mission, the
Foundation depends on individual donations (which are tax deductible as charitable contributions) and
grants from other funding sources. The Foundation welcomes grant applications for projects consistent
with this mission statement.