Thursday, May 24, 2018 | TIME: Noon to 2 p.m. (doors open at 11:30 a.m.) | LOCATION: CNY Philanthropy Center, Second Floor Ballroom, 431 E. Fayette Street, Syracuse, NY 13202| MCLE: 2.0 (1.0 Professional Practice, 1.0 Ethics) COST: $40 Member, $60 Non-Member, $20 Paralegal, FREE to the following: Lifetime/Agency/Student | Financial waiver information is availabel here. | Under NYS rules this CLE has been APPROVED for Experienced and Newly Admitted Attorneys. | LUNCH WILL BE SERVED!
The Onondaga County Bar Association is proud to announce:
Find out what you need to effectively (and ethically) launch, maintain, and conclude a successful law practice from foundational first steps to gaining clients and practicing amid new technologies tothen drawing to a close your fulfilling legal career.
Topics covered in Session 1:
- Competency – which cases to accept and which to refer out
- Trust Accounts and Financial Mistakes
- Client Communication
- Attorney Advertising
- Attorney Registration and CLE Requirements
- Retainer Agreements 101, Client Statement of Rights
- Basics of Billing and Part 137