Thursday, June 15, 2017 | 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. | DoubleTree Hotel, 6301 State Route 298 | East Syracuse, NY | 5.0 MCLE (Skills and Ethics) | COST: $10 per session plus $50 to attend conference | Under NYS rules this CLE has been approved for both newly admitted and experienced attorneys | Tuition waivers are available
The Elder Abuse Conference, now in its 20th year, provides the community with a variety of resources and Continuing Legal Education credit for the lawyers who attend.
CLE registration is being handled through Vera House, Inc., an event sponsor. Click here to register for among five different hourlong seminars on the following topics:
- Legal Ethics in Elder Abuse Cases (1.0 Ethics)
- Using Mediation to Address Adult Family Dynamics and Disputes (1.0 Skills)
- Legal Responses to Financial Exploitation (0.5 Ethics, 0.5 Skills)
- Capacity and Self Determination (1.0 Skills)
- Collaboration in Elder Financial Exploitation Cases (05. Ethics, 0.5 Skills)
This year’s Keynote Speaker is Bonnie Brandl, MSW, Founder & Director of the National Clearinghouse on Abuse in Later Life. She will explore how to balance personal values and professional roles to empower older adults while still promoting their safety.
All registration, for the event and for the CLEs, is being handled by our friends at Vera House, Inc.
Deadline to register is Friday, June 2, 2017. Don’t miss this!! Click here to register.