Thursday, May 11, 2017 | Noon to 3 p.m. | Syracuse University College of Law | Dineen Hall |Melanie Grey Ceremonial Courtroom | 950 Irving Avenue | Syracuse, NY 13244 | 3.0 MCLE credits (1.0 Ethics, 2.0 Professional Practice) | COST: FREE | Under NYS rules this CLE has been approved for both newly admitted and experienced attorneys
In breakout sessions, CLE attendees will hear three perspectives on the issue of human trafficking.
- Identify human trafficking victims and the social paradigm that underpins this issue
- Understand the psychological and emotional effects of trafficking
- Learn about the needs and challenges victims face and the services available to them
- Learn about effective strategies employed by federal, state and local agencies regarding investigation and prosecution of the crimes of human trafficking
- Become educated on the jurisdictional considerations of surrounding human trafficking crimes
- Understand how prosecutors are handling the arrests of adult men/women for prostitution
- Learn what courts can and are doing:
- How are cases identified and processed?
- How are court programs funded and staffed?
- What resources are available?
- Overview of local cases and outcomes
- How are the court’s outcomes measured?
- Find out what the process looks like in criminal court and how it differs from family court
Presenters and Panelists include:
Hon. James Tormey, Jr. | Hon. Deborah Karalunas | Hon. Julie Cecile | Hon. Toko Serita | Hon. Andra Ackerman | Hon. Theodore Limpert | Nora Cronin, Esq. | Sarah Reckess, Esq. | Jeremy Cali, Esq. | Joanne Macri, Esq. | Capt. Mark Lincoln | James Spero | Heather Fischer | CJ Boykin, Esq. | Colleen Merced | Erin Yeager
Online registration is available directly below our sponsors.
Brought to you by:
As well as:
CNY Human Trafficking Task Force | National Women’s Law Student Association – Syracuse Chapter | Mid-York Women’s Bar Association | Oneida County Bar Association | Oswego County Bar Association | Herkimer County Bar Association | Jefferson County Bar Association | Lewis County Bar Association | Cortland County Bar Association | Madison County Bar Association
Bookings are closed for this event.