WHAT: Landlord/Tenant Law Update | WHEN: Noon to 2 p.m. Friday, August 7, 2020 | WHERE: Virtual CLE via ZOOM | CREDIT: 2.0 Skills | COST: Free
No matter if you represent a Tenant or a Landlord you should attend this collaborative CLE to receive an update on what’s happening right now as regards state and federal laws and orders concerning evictions in the COVID-19 era. Many people have felt the impact of this public health crisis in the areas of housing security and job security, the two being so linked, and this webinar brought to you in partnership with the Volunteer Lawyers Project of Onondaga County, Legal Services of Central New York, and the Law Offices of Franklin Josef offers you insight into the following:
- Eviction Moratorium Updates (Federal, State)
- Executive and Administrative Orders, including review of court processes in light of COVID-19
- Tenant Safe Harbor Act
- Update/Review of Housing Security and Tenant Protection Act of 2019
- Illegality of self help eviction actions and tenants continued right to habitable housing
- Hon. David S. Gideon, Fifth Judicial District
- Sam Young, Esq., Legal Services of CNY
- Susan Griffith, Esq., Legal Services of CNY
- Casey Dickinson, Esq., Law Firm of Franklin Josef, Esq.
- Laura D. Rolnick, Esq., Volunteer Lawyers Project of Onondaga County
Bookings are closed for this event.