Thursday, February 9, 2017 | Noon to 2 p.m. | CNY Philanthropy Center | Second Floor Ballroom | 431 E. Fayette St. | Syracuse, NY 13202 | 2.0 MCLE credits (1.5 Skills, 0.5 Ethics) | COST: $40 Member, $60 Non-Member, $20 Paralegal, FREE to Lifetime/Agency/Student | Under NYS rules this CLE has been approved for both newly admitted and experienced attorneys | Tuition waivers available | Come hungry PIZZA will be served!!
This CLE is brought to you by the OCBA Community Engagement Committee.
Service on a not-for-profit board is fulfilling not only for you, but it benefits the community at large. There are so many out there that can use your energy and expertise, such as:
- Social Services
- Health and Wellness
- Arts and Culture
Making sure you understand the responsibilities inherent to such service is the focus of this info-packed seminar. You will be provided with the basics you’ll need relative to your personal and professional exposure as a lawyer when serving on a non-for-profit or charitable board of directors.
Topics covered include:
- Understanding your role as a private citizen who happens to be a lawyer sitting on an NFP board
- Statutory changes to New York’s Not-for-Profit Corporation Law stemming from updates to the Non-Profit Revitalization Act of 2013
- Government Regulations and Oversight
PLUS, receive an introduction to understanding the myriad financial statements attendant to board service
- Learn how to read a profit & loss statement
- Understand how a balance sheet can limit understanding an organization’s overall financial status
- Income and cash flow statements demystified
- EBITDA, what is that?
- Joseph M. Mocciaro, CPA, CMA, Partner at Bowers & Company CPAs, PLLC
- Christopher Wiles, Esq., Assistant Attorney General, Office of NY Attorney General
- John Sindoni, Esq., partner at Barclay Damon, PLLC
- Mary Anne Cody, Esq., partner at Mackenzie Hughes, LLP
Bookings are closed for this event.