Tuesday, December 6, 2016 | Noon to 2:15 p.m. | George H. Lowe Center for Justice | 221 South Warren Street | Syracuse, NY 13202 | COST: $50 Member, $75 Non-Member, $25 Paralegal, Free Lifetime/Agency/Student | 2.5 MCLE (1.0 Professional Practice, 0.5 Practice Management, 0.5 Skills, 0.5 Ethics) | Under NYS rules this CLE has been APPROVED for both Newly Admitted and Experienced Attorneys. | A copy of the OCBA Tuition Waiver Policy may be found here.
This important training prepares you for the meaningful work accomplished on behalf of area residents facing eviction from their homes, particularly as we head into the holiday season.
If you plan to volunteer with the Volunteer Lawyers Project of Onondaga County, Inc. at its Eviction clinics this holiday season this training is mandatory. In fact, you may attend this CLE for free if you commit to volunteering at one or more of these clinics. A sign up sheet will be available at this CLE.
This CLE covers the following topics:
- Housing issues in Syracuse
- Overview of Eviction Clinic procedures and practice
- Review of Landlord/Tenant Defenses
- Representing a Section 8 tenant
- Ethics Overview
- Lewis Liebler, Esq., Staff Attorney, Legal Services of Central New York
- Samantha Aguam, Esq., Staff Attorney, Elder Law & Special Needs Programs, Volunteer Lawyers Project of Onondaga County
- Sally Curran, Esq., Executive Director, Volunteer Lawyers Project of Onondaga County
- Deborah O’Shea, Esq., Pro Bono Coordinator, Eviction Defense Programs, Volunteer Lawyers Project of Onondaga County
Other Important Info:
- Come hungry, PIZZA will be served at this CLE!!!
- Click here to learn more about Volunteer Lawyers Project of Onondaga County
- Click here to learn more about Legal Services of Central New York
Bookings are closed for this event.