WHEN: Friday, May 3, 2019 | TIME: 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. | LOCATION: George H. Lowe Center for Justice, 221 S. Warren Street, 1st Fl. Education Room, Syracuse, NY 13202 | MCLE: 2.5 (1.0 Skills, 1.5 Professional Practice) | COST: FREE. A copy of the OCBA Tuition Waiver may be reviewed here. LUNCH IS PROVIDED!!
Part Two of this seminar is offered via video conference and discusses legislation and policy updates concerning such topics as:
- Gender-based asylum sought during a rapidly changing legal environment
- Avenues for asylum for Central Americans fleeing gang violence
- Hot topics: Matter of A-B-; Grace v. Whittaker; current litigation and trends
- Best practices for presenting an asylum case in Immigration Court.
This afternoon session is offered via video conference and application for New York accreditation of this course or program is currently pending.
- Cory Shindel, Esq., Deputy Director of Policy, Kids in Need of Defense (KIND)
- Sayoni Maitra, Esq., Staff Attorney, Center for Gender and Refugee Studies, UC Hastings College of Law
- Sarah K. Bazzi, Esq., Owner, Bazzi Immigration Law, PLLC.
Bookings are closed for this event.