Tuesday, November 15 | 12:15 to 5 p.m, | CNY Philanthropy Center | 2nd Floor Ballroom | 431 E. Fayette St. | Syracuse, NY 13202 | COST: $100 Member, $200 Non-Member, $80 Paralegal, Free Lifetime/Agency/Student | 5.0 MCLE (1.0 Ethics; 4.0 Skills) | Under NYS rules this CLE has been APPROVED for both Newly Admitted and Experienced Attorneys. | A copy of the OCBA CLE Tuition Waiver Policy is available here.
- Paul K. Isaac, Esq., CEO of Paramount Settlement Planning, LLC
- Paul Loudenslager, Esq., Senior Claims Analyst at Paramount Settlement Planning, LLC
Benefit your clients by attending this program that offers techniques you can employ to maximize mediation settlements. Learn to know the difference between lien and subrogation rights and how various liens and subrogation claims may eat into Plaintiff’s recovery and attorney fees. This CLE will define the obvious, and not so obvious, conflicts of interest that may arise when litigating large cases. Lastly, you’ll become familiar with ethics opinions pertaining to liens and claims against settlement proceeds.
Additionally, you’ll become informed of the following:
- Mediation support services;
- Managing Medicare conditional payments or “Medicare Liens” and an attorney’s ethical obligations to them;
- Avoiding delay in recovery of settlement proceeds;
- The Super-lien – ERISA self-funded health benefit plans; and
- Protection of public benefits.
Bookings are closed for this event.